Mrs J.J. Craig'c beach cottage situated where the Maraetai Boat Club caretaker house is now
1990 calendar, Maraetai - Beachlands Lions Club and Round Table
The Marine Garden Subburb
1990 calendar, Maraetai - Beachlands Lions Club and Round Table
Herbert Pollard, the sole developer of Maraetai Beach Estate
1990 calendar, Maraetai - Beachlands Lions Club and Round Table
The old cottage at Whitford which is today the Whitford Pony Club heardquarters
1990 calendar, Maraetai - Beachlands Lions Club and Round Table
Herbert Polard's first holiday bach on the edge of Maraetai Beach where the boat ramp is today. The large Pohutukawa tree is still there.
1990 calendar, Maraetai - Beachlands Lions Club and Round Table
The Whitford Creamery in the 1990's opposite where the General Store Restaurant is today.
1990 calendar, Maraetai - Beachlands Lions Club and Round Table
A bullock team assists in the construction of the road between the Beachlands turn-off and Maraetai - just before Omana
1990 calendar, Maraetai - Beachlands Lions Club and Round Table
In 1970 the steamer Hirere (bottom left) was the only connection between the Whitford - Beachland - Maraetai area and the outside world.
Top left: The Whitford store in the early 1900's. Today it is the General Store Restaurant. Top right: A view of Whitford with the Hirere dropping off supplies. Bottom right: Another early shot of Whitford.1990 calendar, Maraetai - Beachlands Lions Club and Round Table
A 1950 Whites Aviation potograph of Maraetai Beach
1990 calendar, Maraetai - Beachlands Lions Club and Round Table
Sunkist Bay in Beachlands 1950 before the Wakelin Road shops were built
Photo by Whites Aviation,1990 calendar, Maraetai - Beachlands Lions Club and Round Table
Martin Kelly and his team of bullock haul their load along Wakelin Road Beachlands, opposite where the Beachlands Hall is now.
Photo curtesy of Sid Kelly. 1990 calendar, Maraetai - Beachlands Lions Club and Round Table
The original Beachlands Ex-services Club built in 1948 on the same site as it is today.
Photo courtesy of Isabella Macken. 1990 calendar, Maraetai - Beachlands Lions Club and Round Table
Beachlands School 1050
Photo taken by Whites Aviation. 1990 calendar, Maraetai - Beachlands Lions Club and Round Table
The Beachlands Volunteer Fire Brigade's appliance of 1953 to 1963. For some time this was the only appliance they had for the whole area. The early 1960's saw limited aid by the Manukau Country Council. One 1948 V8 tanker and V8 pump were housed at the fire station on the Beachlands ex-services property opposite the shops. In the early days the brigade was turned out by hand operated siren.
1990 calendar, Maraetai - Beachlands Lions Club and Round Table
1. Granger's Brick and Tile Works, Whitford. 2. Te Puru Creek 1947. 3. The staff of the brickworks. 4. George Granger's boneshaker. 5. Maraetai Beach and store circa 1050. 6. Mungamungaroa Bridge 1930. 7. Maraetai's first school in School Road. 8. Maraetai Beach in 1939.
1990 calendar, Maraetai - Beachlands Lions Club and Round Table